* Post seasonal intervention training facilitated by Senator Albert in partnership with Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN). The training, which took place in Uyo from 22-25 March 2017 give capacity to those who received training in various skills to assist them become better entrepreneurs. The training offered were in the areas of agriculture branding and packaging of agricultural products. The trainees were given start-up capital to start their businesses.
* Workshop on Poultry production, processing and marketing at Institute of Agricultural Research and Marketing (IAR & T), Moor Plantation in Ibadan (an affiliate of University of Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) organized in collaboration with Senate Committee on Agriculture and hosted by Prof. J. A. Adediran. Participants from Akwa Ibom State were nominated by Sen. Albert who is a member of the Senate Committee on Agriculture.
* Vocational training and empowerment of women and youths in partnership with Border Communities Development Agency (BCDA).
* Skills acquisition training for women and youths in cosmetology, fashion design, generator maintenance, computer appreciation, photography/video and catering in partnership with National Directorate of Employment (NDE)
4. Distribution of cooking gas to constituents
On 24th December 2015, as part of his Christmas gift to his constituents, Senator Albert brought large quantities of cooking gas to be distributed free to thousands of Akwa Ibom people irrespective of their political leanings. The senator went on air in planet 101.1 FM to invite people to be part of this largesse.
5. Construction and donation of a well furnished Event Hall to constituents
Senator Albert also constructed and donated a well furnished event hall at 7 E line, Ewet Housing Estate opposite Sun Centre to be at no cost by his constituents for events such as weddings and other social functions.
6. Construction of massive, multi-purpose event Centre at Ifa in Uyo
Senator Albert is presently constructing a massive, multi-purpose event Centre in Ifa in Uyo. When completed, the Centre will offer facilities like event hall, tutorial sections for UTME, WAEC, NECO as well as sports facilities and a relaxation Centre.
7. Donation of 15 units of desktop computers to UNIUYO
Senator Albert has magnanimously donated 15 units of desktop computers to the University of Uyo to enhance learning in the university.
8. Donation of life enhancing drugs to nine (9) health centers in Akwa Inom North East Senatorial District
To enhance provision of basic health care to his people, Senator Bassey Albert also donated life enhancing drugs to nine health Centre located in the nine local government areas that make up the senatorial district. The benefitting health Centre are: Primary Health Centre, Uyo Itam, Itu; Health Centre, Ikot Otoinye, Uruan; Primary Health Care Operational Base, Nsit Atai; Primary Health Centre, Oboetim, Nsit Ibom; Health Centre, Oko Ita, Ibiono Ibom; Cottage Hospital, Akai Ubium; Health Centre, Ikot Obio Inyang; Primary Health Centre, Uyo; and Primary Health Centre, Nung Udoe, Ibesikpo Asutan.
9. Christmas visits to Constituents
Last December (2016), Senator Albert went round the nine local government areas that make up the senatorial district to meet with elders, women and youths of the district to rejoice with them in the spirit of the yuletide. He also distributed gifts and cash to the people worth over N10 million.
CONSTITUENCY PROJECTS NOMINATED BY SENATOR ALBERT
2016 Zonal Intervention Projects
The following Zonal Intervention Projects have been nominated by Senator Albert for execution in Akwa Ibom North East Senatorial District. The projects are under the supervision of the following agencies of government: Cross River Basin Development Authority (CRDBA), National Directorate of Employment (NDE) and Maritime Academy.
Most of these projects have been completed and commissioned.
1. Flood and erosion control in Ibesikpo Asutan LGA (CRDBA)
2. Flood and erosion control in Nsit Atai LGA (CRDBA)
3. Flood and erosion control in Ibiono Ibom LGA (CRDBA)
4. Flood and erosion control in Nsit Ibom LGA (CRBDA)
5. Construction of village hall with fence and borehole plant in Ididep Usuk in Ibiono Ibom LGA (CRBDA)
6. Improvement of electricity in Mbiabong Ikot Udo Uwot in Uyo (CRBDA)
7. Construction of market stalls across 9 LGAs in Akwa Ibom North East (NDE)
8. Completion of comprehensive skills acquisition and recreation Centre for Akwa Ibom North East. (NDE)
9. Furnishing/equipping of skills acquisition and recreation Centre for Akwa Ibom North East (NDE)
10. Procurement of cassava/oil palm processing equipment for rural farmers in Ididep Usuk in Ibiono Ibom LGA (Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development)
11. Training on fish fingerlings, production and hatchery management, catfish, tilapia breeding hormones/hatching troughs for fingerlings production and empowerment of the rural farmers of Akwa Ibom North East (Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development)
12. Provision of motor cycles and tricycles (keke NAPEP) for rural farmers of Akwa Ibom North East. (Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development)
13. Training and development of youths of Akwa Ibom North East on maritime related experience (Maritime Academy).
2017 Zonal Intervention Projects nominated by Senator Albert
Senator Albert has also nominated the following special intervention projects to be included in the 2017 Budget under the supervision of the following agencies – Broader Communities Development Agency (BCDA), Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), CRBDA and SMEDAN.
1. Flood and erosion control in Ibiono Ibom LGA (BCDA)
2. Construction/provision of recreational facility for Uyo Club (BCDA)
3. Improvement of electricity by providing 500 KVA transformer in Mbiabong Ikot Udo Uwot in Uyo LGA (SDG)
4. Provision of drugs to rural health centers across the 9 LGAs (BCDA)
5. Flood and erosion control in Nsit Atai LGA (CRBDA)
6. Provision of motorcycles to the rural communities in Akwa Ibom North East (BCDA)
7. Provision of school reading desks in schools across the Akwa Ibom North East (BCDA)
8. Provision of educational materials to College of Education, Afaha Nsit (BCDA)
9. Provision of educational materials to University of Uyo (BCDA)
10. Training and empowerment of women in Akwa Ibom North East in Agricultural skills (SMEDAN)
11. Training and empowerment of youths in Akwa Ibom North East in Agricultural skills (SMEDAN)
12. Provision of furniture and equipment for comprehensive skills acquisition and recreational Centre in Uyo (BCDA)
13. Provision of rural borehole water facilities across Akwa Ibom North East (BCDA)
14. Supply of 2 nos 18 seater bus high roof to aid transportation across Akwa Ibom North East (SDG)
15. Provision of 10 nos incubators to rural health centres across Akwa Ibom North East (SDG).