SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS!!!

12th April, 2019

UPDATE ON SENATOR OBA SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME!!!

We are pleased to announce that we are set for the qualifying examination for the second phase of our scholarship scheme.

We have shortlisted 1150 candidates to partake in the qualifying examination slated for May, 2019.

A total of 1449 students applied for the second phase of the scheme, with 62% of the applicants male, while 38% were female. This is a significant improvement to what was obtainable in 2016, where 79% of the applicants were male, while 21% were female.

Applicants who did not meet the eligibility conditions have been disqualified. The criteria for screening was based on: age, origination, nature of institution and programme.

We observed that about 300 of the applicants were above the specified age limit, while 24 were non indigenes. 34 of the applicants screened out were students from Private Institutions of learning, which is against the policy of the scheme, which revolves around State and Federal owned institutions.

Some applicants were disqualified as a result of their inability to complete their application accurately in line with the specified requirements. Many were observed to have uploaded irrelevant documents and supplied conflicting information with respect to their year of study.

No fewer than 50 applicants were final year students, and were automatically disqualified based on logical reasoning that beneficiaries of the second phase will only be able to access funds from the 2019/2020 academic session. It is of note that the final year students would have graduated by the end of the 2018/2019 session.

Students who applied for the Scholarship are required to visit the portal here, to check their application status. Date and venue for the examination will be communicated to successful applicants.

CHECK YOUR APPLICATION STATUS HERE

41 Comments

1. Christy Emah-Reply
    April 13, 2019 at 9:16 am

Please if an applicant is finally awarded the scholarship. Is it throughout the period of schooling or is there a certain amount to be paid to the applicant?

April 13, 2019 at 7:35 pm

Dear Christy, all through your studies till you graduate provided you maintain the minimum academic standard (CGPA) of the scheme.

2. April 13, 2019 at 4:37 pm

Hi, we have helped in sharing this information to a larger audience both in Nigeria and other countries on MEDIANGR

Kindly check our update on https://www.mediangr.com/senator-bassey-albert-scholarship-shortlisted-applicants/

Thank you.

3. Fortune Ime Etim-Reply
    April 13, 2019 at 5:34 pm

I am shortlisted, but I can’t see my examination slip in my mailbox.

April 13, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Dear Fortune, please read the information above properly. The examination slip was never sent to shortlisted applicants. The email provided a link to search and print the slip yourself. The same link is provided above.

4. April 13, 2019 at 5:43 pm

How will I know when I’m writing the exams

April 13, 2019 at 7:37 pm

Dear Blessing, kindly read the information above properly, you will be informed in due course. For now, print your examination slip and wait for the information.

5. April 13, 2019 at 6:42 pm

After writing the exams
    Please am I going to continue my school here or outside
    Please enlighten me

April 13, 2019 at 7:38 pm

Dear Blessing, this is not an overseas scholarship scheme.

6. Sylvia Daniel Antia-Reply
    April 13, 2019 at 7:21 pm

Good day Sir,
    please my comment is that i could not access my examination slip sent to my E-mail. this is because i made a mistake with the former email i provided during registration. please i plead to give the correct e-mail so that the examination slip could re-sent to me. The correct Email is: osylvia.1995@gmail.com. Thanks for your prompt attention and cooperation.

April 14, 2019 at 10:45 am

Dear Sylvia,

The instructions said you should fill out your information accurately, if you were to be disqualified for inaccurate information supplied, you would beg to differ. Click on the link above and supply your contact number to print your slip if you were shortlisted.

7. Aniebiet Elijah-Reply
    April 13, 2019 at 10:32 pm

Please my name is Aniebiet Elijah Akpan and not my Guarantor name Nsikak Elijah Akpan. Thanks

April 14, 2019 at 10:51 am

Dear Aniebiet, the screening was automated so what you see is the information you supplied when applying. The examination slips were not manufactured. You were all asked to supply accurate information for this reasons or risk disqualification. Send an email to requests@senatoroba.org officially stating you made an error while applying and now your slip is affected, state your correct details as well. If it will be treated, you will be attended to.

8. Rawlings-Reply
    April 14, 2019 at 7:53 am

It’s very worrisome that I played you with all my might in the just concluded general election without getting a kobo during ur electioneering campaign tour.

As a student of political science, I strongly kicked against selling of my constitutional right (vote) which was rampant within part lines that contested
    the election.

Why should I get money before voting?
    I voted you into office because of social amenities like this.
    But here I am not shortlisted.

Howbeit, those shortlisted could be the same people that did not go out to vote or sales out their vote which it’s an offence in electoral act.

Thank you my senator for I shall recoupe in another scheme.

April 14, 2019 at 10:57 am

Dear Rawlings,

Your message is unclear but If you applied to the scheme knowing you were not eligible as clearly stated then you will be automatically disqualified. The system does not know anyone, it shortlisted based on the scholarship policy and requirements. You may follow this page and the social media pages for future initiatives you are eligible for

9. JASON COLE-Reply
    April 14, 2019 at 8:34 am

Pls. What will I do, if all my credentials bears another state, because am not brought up in Akwa Ibom but am an indigen of Akwa Ibom by? Secondly, during in course of applying for admission, I was considered as an indigen because of my credentials that states and bears all through that am from Rivers State and I was given admission, so what will I do to inorder to participate in this scheme, because all papers bears and states am from Rivers State, but am not from there.
    What do you suggest?

April 14, 2019 at 10:59 am

Dear Jason,

The applications are closed now. Only Akwa Ibom State Indigenes that met all the eligibility requirements of the scheme qualified.

10. April 14, 2019 at 8:38 am

Please I’m asked to print out examination script…
    But I have not been given venue and examination date… please help 🙏🙏

Secondly, after passing the examination.how will I receive my school fees

April 14, 2019 at 11:01 am

Dear Blessing,

You are to print out examination slip. secondly the message clearly stated that venue and date of examination will be known in due course and finally go and pass through the examination first.

11. Kelvin-Reply
    April 14, 2019 at 12:14 pm

Please admin,
    Is there any past questions for the up coming exams?
    If any how and where can it be gotten?

April 14, 2019 at 1:28 pm

Dear Kelvin,
      No, come prepared for a standard aptitude test.

12. Dan, Mfonobong-Reply
    April 14, 2019 at 3:07 pm

I have retrieved my information as stated. Does it mean i am shortlisted? If so, why haven’t i receive an sms or am email? Thank you

April 14, 2019 at 8:31 pm

Dear Dan, If you retrieved your information then you should have received an email/sms as all the shortlisted candidates did, except you supplied it wrongly in your application in which case you should send an email to requests@senatoroba.org to sort that issue out.

13. April 14, 2019 at 7:27 pm

wat wil be the nature of the examination is it objectives or theory????
    and also how much wil be paid to candidate who is qualified after writing the exam???

April 14, 2019 at 8:35 pm

Dear Julius, come prepared for a standard aptitude test and pass through the examinations first. When you get to the scholars stage all the necessary information will be made available to you.

14. April 14, 2019 at 7:30 pm

what are the subjects we wil be writing on the examination day???

15. April 14, 2019 at 8:21 pm

are we to bring the photocopy of our credentials or the photocopies of it????

16. Abdulkareem Ganiyat Arinola-Reply
    April 15, 2019 at 9:06 am

Pls help me with scholarship for MSc Accounting program at any federal or state Universities,am from ilorin kwara State,pls let me start the MSc Accounting program with this session 2019/2020, may Allah bless you and your family Ameen

April 15, 2019 at 6:40 pm

Dear Abdulkareem, this is an undergraduate scholarship scheme and only Akwa Ibom State indigenes are eligible to apply.

17. Aniefiok mkpong-Reply
    April 15, 2019 at 1:39 pm

I checked my application status no data display,what will i do please.

April 15, 2019 at 6:42 pm

Dear Aniefiok, as clearly stated on the portal, those who cannot retrieve their information were not shortlisted based on reason(s) listed above.

18. Unwana Archibong-Reply
    April 15, 2019 at 7:12 pm

please when is the exams

19. Napthali-Reply
    April 15, 2019 at 8:34 pm

pls frnds can we create a wats up group , a kind of study group Nd update group???
    if yes,,drop your number

20. Rich Isaiah Edet-Reply
    April 15, 2019 at 9:31 pm

Please sir, i am short listed for the 2019 second phase of senetor OBA’ s scholarship exams, but my examination slip is mistakenly sent to another email. That is, sent to richedet72@gmail.com instead of it to be sent to edetrich72@gmail.com. The mistake no doubt may be from the cyber cafe that i got registered, so please sir with due respect, i humbly request for the reforwarding of my exam slip to my email (edetrich72@gmail.com), I will be immensely happy if my request is granted. Thanks and God bless you.

21. Donald Ita-Reply
    April 16, 2019 at 6:02 am

Good morning sir.
    Pls can year 1 students apply for the scholarship scheme?

22. jason cole-Reply
    April 17, 2019 at 9:37 am

please admin. what are the other process of the scholarship after exam, because am shortlisted; am asking in order not to waste resources in following the process. thanks

23. Wendy-Reply
    April 17, 2019 at 5:50 pm

Good evening. I got a call stating I should be available at UdoUdoma avenue for the exam tomorrow, 18th April. Is this legit?

24. Idara-Reply
    April 18, 2019 at 2:38 am

Good morning sir, please I want to ask if examination date will be on saturadays because we are students and paraventure some of us may have test or exams if the date falls within the week.thanks

25. April 19, 2019 at 4:45 am

Please I’m Among the shortlisted candidates… I’ve not received any information concerning examination, date and venue
    Please someone should kindly check it for me
    blessingakamba@gmail.com 🙏🙏🙏

26. April 19, 2019 at 4:50 am

Please WhatsApp group chat add me up
    07081532278
    I’m from Akwa ibom in oron Local government area

27. April 19, 2019 at 7:43 am

Please please has anyone received examination date and venue
    Please help me out
    blessingakamba@gmail.com 🙏🙏🙏
    Password__07081532278

Please help me out with update or will I receive it through my SIM